Do I need to register with CQC?

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulates, inspects and reviews all adult social care services in the public, private and voluntary sectors in England. There are some very strict rules over who must register with CQC to be allowed to provide services. If you provide personal care or other regulated activity, you need to be registered with CQC unless: you are employed by the service user directly; you are a self-employed sole trader, and you have no responsibility for supplying a substitute at anytime (ie, if you are on holiday, off sick, etc).

For more information have a look at some of our articles under the ‘your care business‘ menu.  Remember there’s additional information for those who subscribe to the ‘free membership’ and lots more detailed information, tips and discounts with other organisations for ‘premium members’