If you’re thinking about employing a Paid Carer or Support Worker to help you, or a family member stay independent then You’re the Boss can take all the hassle out of employing your own staff by running your payroll for you. With our Payroll Services we register you with HMRC as an employer and then act on your behalf to ensure that you meet the requirements around tax, National Insurance, Auto Enrolment and Real Time Reporting.
Whether you’re paying for services yourself or have a personal budget (Direct Payment), we know that it can be scary to think about all the legal elements of employing someone – payroll and pension particularly, but the reality is once we’ve set it up for you then it’s really quite straight forward. You tell us each month how many hours your employee has worked for you and we do the rest. We work out all the Tax, National Insurance and Auto Enrolment elements and send you a summary sheet which tells you who to pay, how much and when to pay it. We can even email payslips directly to your employees so you don’t need to worry about that either.
Whether you’re employing one carer / helper who helps you out for just a few hours a weeks or you’re employing a team of carers we can help with our payroll services.
- Process the timesheets
- Issues payslips for each member of staff
- Liaise with HMRC and electronically file your records whenever you pay your employees
- Produce P60s (annual statement) and P45s (for leavers)
- Calculate any statutory sick pay
- Let you know how much to transfer each month to your employees
- Take care of the Auto Enrolment including
- Assessment of all employee as to whether they’re Eligible/Non-eligible Jobholders/or Entitled Workers
- Enrolment of employees onto the scheme
- Communications – all letters for you to give to employees at relevant points
- Process opt-in, opt-out requests
- Ongoing monitoring
- Pension file submission to NEST*
Clients sign up for a minimum 12-month term.
If you are interested then please do contact us for further information, or give us a call (leave a message and we’ll get back to you). We can talk you through everything.
* we currently provide auto enrolment services to NEST, however if you have another pension provider in mind then please let us know and we’ll let you know if we can support uploads to their system.