Local Authority

This tool helps you work out which local authority has responsibility for care services in your area. This can frequently be a different local authority to the one that you pay council tax to or who collects your rubbish. For example in Basingstoke, Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council collect council tax and are responsible for rubbish collections, but Hampshire County Council are responsible for assessing care needs. The tool also gives you links and contact details for the relevant authority.