What does it mean if someone has YtB Accreditation?
A carer who appears on the Carer Register with the YtB accredited stamp within their profile has had to demonstrate that they meet in full the following YtB requirements.
We have to be satisfied that they are eligible to work in the UK and they will have undergone an Enhanced DBS check including barred list check, which in line with our safeguarding policy must have produced a clear certificate.
If the carer has indicated that they will be self employed they must also have…..
- a suitable and fair contract to use with clients
- a written Safeguarding Policy
- a written Risk Assessment Policy and Procedure
- a written Complaints Process
- suitable public liability insurance
Only then will we award our accreditation mark so that people who are looking for care can be assured that these fundamental checks have been carried out.